What information will Backstage Academy collect about me?
When you contact Backstage Academy or sign up to receive information about our products or services, through methods such as e-newsletter sign up, the website contact page, competitions, ordering products, social media or other online registration, we may collect information about you. This could include your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, employment position, employer details, mobile phone number or date of birth. Different services or online portals may ask for different information.
By giving your details, you allow Backstage Academy to provide you with information we deem to be relevant to yourself or your business. Occasionally on particular services such as forums like LinkedIn Groups, you may be asked to provide sensitive personal information such as your social and cultural opinions.
How will Backstage Academy use the information they collect about me?
Backstage Academy may use your personal information for a number of different reasons, including:
- For service administration purposes, i.e. we may contact you to process the service or product you have signed up for.
- To notify you of changes to our service or product.
- To contact you about a submission you have made to our website, social media sites or contact e-mail addresses.
- To analyse and improve the services offered by the Backstage Academy website for example to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
- To manage our competitions and contact the winners.
- To inform you further about products or services that you have expressed interested in via our website, e-newsletters, social media sites and e-mail addresses.
- To meet orders or requests for products and services, to process payments, and to keep our records up to date.
- Where you have specifically consented to be contacted about products or services that we offer.
Backstage Academy will not share your personal information with any third parties or organisations unless you have specifically consented to let us do so.
You will be given the opportunity to withdraw your consent from being contacted via direct marketing.
Will Backstage Academy share my personal information with anyone else?
We will not pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have consented to this. However we may need to disclose your data to third parties where we need to do so in order to provide the product or service you have requested. Otherwise we will keep your information confidential, expect where disclosure is required or permitted by law, such as to government bodies.
Should you send or post offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on Backstage Academy’s website, we may use your information to stop such behaviour. Where Backstage Academy believes you may be in breach of the law, we may use your data to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, education provider, or law enforcement agencies about the content or behaviour.
When will Backstage Academy contact me?
Backstage Academy may contact you:
- In order to carry out a service that you have signed up for.
- In relation to any comment or contribution you have made to the Backstage Academy website, social media sites or message board.
- In relation to your entry into our competitions.
- Where you have opted to receive newsletters or other correspondence.
- To invite you to complete surveys about our services.
- For marketing purposes where you have expressed an interested in our products or services previously, or have directly signed up to receive marketing communications from Backstage Academy.
What if I am aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s permission before providing us with you personal data.
How long will Backstage Academy keep my personal data?
Backstage Academy will keep your personal information on our systems in order to continue carrying out our service to you. If you wish to cancel any marketing communications from Backstage Academy you can do so by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ instructions. If you do unsubscribe from this service, your record may stay on our systems so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
Can I find out what personal information Backstage Academy holds about me?
Backstage Academy, Unit 53 Lidgate Crescent, Langthwaite Business Park, South Kirkby, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF9 3NR / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 01977 659800