Lecturer (Live Event Production)
- Department: Academic
- Location: Production Park
- Reporting to: Course/Cluster Leader (DP)
- Contract: Permanent
- Application Closing date: 1st September 2021
- Hours: Total of 40 hours per week (typical working day 0830-1730)
- Salary range: £33,000-£40,000 (Subject to Experience)
The role has a primary commitment to teaching on the undergraduate courses, and contributing to the development and delivery of the Live Event Production course curriculum, under the direction of the course/cluster leader. She/he/they will also be expected to contribute to the development and teaching of other programmes and professional training courses in areas relevant to their specialism.
The successful candidate will have a specialism in at least one of the following areas:
- Audio Production for Live Events
- Lighting Production for Live Events
- Video & Visual Production for Live Events
The successful candidate will be a high-energy self-starter who loves a challenge in a fast-paced performance-driven organisation; with previous experience of teaching and excellent interpersonal & communication skills. Previous experience working in the Live Events sector and the Creative Industries is essential.
Benefits of joining the Backstage Academy team:
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Employee Lunches provided
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 mental health & wellbeing support, financial advice & legal information, childcare support & family issues advice etc.)
- Free car parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff development and training opportunities
Backstage Academy is uniquely positioned right at the heart of Production Park, Europe’s leading Live Industry destination. We provide the best possible training for the live events sector, with fantastic industry links and state-of-the-art production facilities.
As a privately funded organisation, we bridge the gap between industry and education, working closely with leading professionals to respond quickly to current skills shortages and write training programmes in line with specific demands. We provide relevant, up-to-date training so that students get a real taste for what life is like in the backstage entertainment industry, with a focus on employability.
Backstage Academy is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, nationality or ethnic origin.
Backstage Academy considers equivalent combinations of experience and education for certain jobs. All candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply, please download and complete the Vacancy Application Form and the Equal Opportunities Form and email to HR@backstage-academy.co.uk by no later than 9am on Wednesday 1st September 2021.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact us on 01977 659880 or email email@example.com.