What information will Backstage Academy collect about me?
When you contact Backstage Academy or sign up to receive information about our products or services, through methods such as open day bookings, e-newsletter sign up, the website contact page, competitions, ordering products, social media or other online registration, we may collect information about you. This could include your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, employment position, employer details, mobile phone number or date of birth. Different services or online portals may ask for different information.
By giving your details, you allow Backstage Academy to provide you with the information you have confirmed relevant to yourself when completing a data/contact form (this is in the format of opt in check boxes). Occasionally on particular services such as forums like LinkedIn Groups, you may be asked to provide sensitive personal information such as your social and cultural opinions.
How will Backstage Academy use the information they collect about me?
Backstage Academy may use your personal information for a number of different reasons, including:
- For service administration purposes, i.e. we may contact you to process the service or product you have signed up for.
- To notify you of changes to our service or product.
- To contact you about a submission you have made to our website, social media sites or contact e-mail addresses.
- To analyse and improve the services offered by the Backstage Academy website for example to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
- To manage our competitions and contact the winners.
- To inform you further about products or services that you have expressed interest in via our website, e-newsletters, social media sites and e-mail addresses.
- To inform you of upcoming events.
- To meet orders or requests for products and services, to process payments, and to keep our records up to date.
- Where you have specifically consented to be contacted about products or services that we offer.
Backstage Academy will not share your personal information with any third parties or organisations unless you have specifically consented to let us do so.
Backstage Academy use a 3rd party marketing automation software called Akero, part of the Net Natives Group, to organise and utilise your data. This utilisation is in compliance with your contact preferences confirmed to us when you send us your information. Akero is used to track where our contacts are in the recruitment cycle (e.g. enquiry, application, enrolment) as well as to send automatic emails, texts and other communications to you using the methods you have given us permission to use.
You will be given the opportunity to withdraw your consent from being contacted via direct marketing.
Will Backstage Academy share my personal information with anyone else?
We will not pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have consented to this. However we may need to disclose your data to third parties where we need to do so in order to provide the product or service you have requested. Otherwise we will keep your information confidential, except where disclosure is required or permitted by law, such as to government bodies.
Should you send or post offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on Backstage Academy’s website, we may use your information to stop such behaviour. Where Backstage Academy believes you may be in breach of the law, we may use your data to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, education provider, or law enforcement agencies about the content or behaviour.
When will Backstage Academy contact me?
Backstage Academy may contact you:
- In order to carry out a service that you have signed up for.
- In relation to any comment or contribution you have made to the Backstage Academy website, social media sites or message board.
- In relation to your entry into our competitions.
- Where you have opted to receive newsletters or other correspondence.
- To invite you to complete surveys about our services.
- For marketing purposes where you have expressed an interest in our products or services previously, or have directly signed up to receive marketing communications from Backstage Academy.
What if I am aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s permission before providing us with you personal data.
How long will Backstage Academy keep my personal data?
Backstage Academy will keep your personal information on our systems in order to continue carrying out our service to you. If you wish to cancel any marketing communications from Backstage Academy you can do so by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ instructions. If you do unsubscribe from this service, your record may stay on our systems so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
Right to be Forgotten
Under Article 17 of the GDPR individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
Individuals have the right to have their personal data erased if:
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which you supplied it for;
- you wish to withdraw consent of us holding your data;
- if you object to the processing of your data and there is no longer an overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing;
- you object to the use of your data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- your believe your data to have been processed unlawfully (i.e. in breach of the lawfulness requirement of the 1st principle);
- you are legally obliged to remove your data;
- if the data has been processed to offer information society services to a child.
To request your right to be forgotten, please contact us verbally or in writing.
Can I find out what personal information Backstage Academy holds about me?
Yes, under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that Backstage Academy holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. If you would like to request what information we have on you, please contact:
Backstage Academy, Unit 53 Lidgate Crescent, Langthwaite Business Park, South Kirkby, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF9 3NR / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 01977 659800
Cookies are stored in your browser and enable a site to ‘remember’ little bits of information between pages or visits. To find out more about cookies take a look at Cookiepedia.
Strictly Necessary Cookies.
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and to provide and consistent and accurate service to the user. They are usually linked to actions such as filling out request forms. If you turn these cookies off this may prevent some sections of the website working correctly.
These cookies help us to measure visits to the site and where those visits have come from. They help understand which pages are popular and how visitors move around the site. All information collected by these cookies is completely anonymous. If you don’t allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited the site and won’t be able to monitor and improve its performance.
Third Party Cookies.
These may be set through our site via third parties such as Google and YouTube. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They don’t store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies you may experience less targeted advertising.