This course is an in-depth theoretical and practical training course designed for people of all levels of experience. It’s delivered using a purpose-designed truss rig and a wide range of safety equipment. The course will run from 9am to 5:30pm on day 1 and 8:30am to 5:30pm on day 2.
- 2 Days
- £450+ VAT
- Production Park Studio*
- Regulations, guidance, standards, and working at height
- PPE inspection and Inspection records
- Basic lifting principles
- Rigging hardware – factors of safety, mode of use factors
- Truss theory, beams, load distributions, bridles, and angled loads
- Practical (Rigging hoists from bridles, floating the hoists, slinging and flying a truss-box, ropework from the flown box, de-rigging and packing away safely)
- Bridle choice from estimation, measurement and calculation
- Calculation of loads from Vector Analysis (Parallelogram of forces)
- Knots – Bowline and clove-hitch, and rope finishing
- Basket and choke techniques, shackle types
- Truss slinging
- Hoist operation and electrical safety
- Rescue planning
Who should attend
The course appeals to a wide cross section of people, from industry novices with an interest in rigging, to technicians working with rigging equipment, and professional riggers wanting a refresher course to sharpen their skills.
There are no prerequisites for the Rigging Course, other than a keen interest in working in the rigging sector in live events.
Included within the course
Lunch and refreshments.
As our Rigging course runs over 2 days, you may need accommodation. We recommend the following local hotels…
The Burntwood – from £68 per night – 6 minute drive away
Travelodge Doncaster – from £51 per night – 13 minute drive away
Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel – from £70 per night – 13 minute drive away
*The course is delivered in a studio at Production Park subject to studio bookings and BACKSTAGE ACADEMY® reserves the right to move the location of the Rigging Course practical training to a different location on the Production Park site.