2 Day Rigging Course
This course is an in-depth theoretical and practical training course designed for people of all levels of experience. It’s delivered using a purpose-designed truss rig and a wide range of safety equipment.
It also includes one night’s on-site accommodation.
- Regulations, guidance, standards, and working at height
- PPE inspection and Inspection records
- Basic lifting principles
- Rigging hardware – factors of safety, mode of use factors
- Truss theory, beams, load distributions, bridles, and angled loads
- Practical (Rigging hoists from bridles, floating the hoists, slinging and flying a truss-box, ropework from the flown box, de-rigging and packing away safely)
- Bridle choice from estimation, measurement and calculation
- Calculation of loads from Vector Analysis (Parallelogram of forces)
- Knots – Bowline and clove-hitch, and rope finishing
- Basket and choke techniques, shackle types
- Truss slinging
- Hoist operation and electrical safety
- Rescue planning
Who should attend
The course appeals to a wide cross section of people, from industry novices with an interest in rigging, to technicians working with rigging equipment, and professional riggers wanting a refresher course to sharpen their skills.
There are no prerequisites for the Rigging Course, other than a keen interest in working in the rigging sector in live events.
Included within the course
Lunch, refreshments and one night’s on-site accommodation
*The course is delivered in a studio at Production Park subject to studio bookings and BACKSTAGE ACADEMY® reserves the right to move the location of the Rigging Course practical training to a different location on the Production Park site.