Live Events Production introduces you to the technical, design and management areas of live events with four distinct pathways for you to choose from:
- Lighting Design & Technology
- Live Sound
- Live Visuals (LED walls, projections & video)
- Event Business
The first year of the course gives you a strong grounding in a range of technical, creative and production management disciplines. In the second year, you will begin to specialise by choosing two pathways to focus on. In the final year of the course, you will focus entirely on one pathway.
The first two years of this course can also be taken as a foundation degree (FdA), after which there is then the option to carry on to the third year by applying for the BA (Hons) Top-Up.
Whether you have a passion for lighting a stage, mixing sound, projecting visuals or running an events business, this degree allows you to focus on your chosen subject whilst developing an underpinning knowledge of all four pathways, developing you into a specialised yet well rounded live events professional.
You can watch a range of videos about this degree HERE.
Why Backstage Academy?
- Career-focused in Every Way
- Award-winning Student Experience (Student Experience Award, Educate North Awards 2020).
- A Campus in the Heart of the Live Events Industry
- Global Work Opportunities
- Award-winning Industry Partnerships
- Learn from Working Industry Professionals
- Highly-personalised Student Support
The course is regulated by the Office for Students.